Friday, July 21, 2006

Employees at Tick Tock


TICK TOCK HOLLYWOOD

This picture was taken in between lunch and Dinner in the Hollywood Tick Tock. The employees here are a cashier, host, hostess and bus boy who were finishing their lunch. Elliot, the man standing, was one of the hosts and came from South America. Elliot was of German descent. His father moved to South America after the war. Elliot spoke both English and Spanish. You can see Antonio, the busboy, sitting down and looking at the cameras. Cheryl was the Cashier at that time. I do not know the name of the other hostess standing in the back. Finally
Elaine was there. She was a hostess for many years at Tick Tock. She had bone cancer even during this time; the doctor had told her to go home and die. But Elaine wanted to see her grandchildren grow up. So she went through the terrible Chemo therapy to get the cancer in check even though this treatment were quite difficult for her. But she obtained her goal and saw her grandchildren grow up. That lady had a lot of guts.

MY MEMORIES OF TICK TOCK HOLLYWOOD

When I was going to college before I graduated from the University of Southern California in 1960, I worked in the family business. I always wanted to join the family business and keep it going. My father wished that I would become a banker because of my degree, but joining the family business was very important to me.

One of the reasons I wanted to work in the restaurant was that I was looking for my father’s love; I thought that working in his business would enable me to find it. That was not a good reason for choosing a career, but it was my choice. My father was not a person, who could demonstrate his love.

Most of the time I worked in the Dining Room. I would greet and seat the customers as well as supervise the service personnel (waitresses and bus boys). One of my missed opportunities was not working enough with the kitchen staff and learning to do the different jobs there. None of us learned now to make the “gooey rolls” like Dad did.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder if you or someone else remembers my grandmother working there. By name of Mrs rinder, she would have been a waitress or what we call today a server

4:27 AM  
Blogger charles murray said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home